CPUT BTech: Interior Design (Part Time) Courses and Fees
Course Information and Fees
INTERIOR DESIGN (Part Time)
BTech: (Baccalaureus Technologiae)
Graduates must produce a cohesive body of creative work that is a synthesis of technology, problem-solving and the application of research methodology. The course equips the graduate with current technological knowledge in the field of interior design.
Graduates must demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and conduct research and development in a specialised area of design and/or technology in the field of Interior Design. These skills, coupled with a deeper understanding of the implications of design thinking, will contribute to the development of the local interior design industry within the global context.
The following employment opportunities are available:
- Interior design firms offering a professional consultancy service to clients, offer the opportunity to work towards a partnership, or with experience, to establish a practice.
- Shop-fitting firms providing a design and supply service for the installation of shop and office interiors.
- Retail groups planning their own interiors and employing shop-fitters on a contract basis for installation.
- Furniture manufacturers offering a contract or design and supply service.
- Interior design shops and suppliers of office furniture offering a design service.
- Architectural practices also employ interior specialists in their design teams.
Graduates can register with the South African Institute for the Interior Design Professions (IID) as a candidate Junior Interior Designer, Interior Designer and Senior Interior Designer.
For all Certificate, Diploma and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
For all Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
The fees for 2018 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.