CPUT BTech: Jewellery Design And Manufacture Course and Fees
Course Information and Fees
JEWELLERY DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE
BTech: (Baccalaureus Technologiae)
Graduates must demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and conduct research and development in a specialised area of design and/or technology in the field of jewellery design and manufacture.
These skills coupled with a deeper understanding of the implications of design thinking will contribute to the development of the local jewellery industry within the global context.
- Become goldsmiths
- Design and create original models for jewellery manufacturers for mass production
- Manage the workshop of a jewellery manufacturer
- Become a jewellery designer in a jewellery studio
- Become a salesperson or manager in the jewellery retail industry
- Design or manufacture theatre or costume jewellery
- Become a buyer for large jewellery chain stores
- Evaluate jewellery items
- Repair jewellery items
- Manage a design boutique/studio
- Start a jewellery design and manufacture business
For all Certificate, Diploma and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
For all Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
The fees for 2018 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.