Campus Health Clinics: Vision and Mission
Our vision as Campus Health Services is to be an accessible, affordable center of holistic healthcare and education, promoting total wellness.
Our mission is to ensure medical practice by our code of ethics, to maintain confidentiality at all times and promote health as stipulated by the World Health Organisation (WHO). Our approach, in line with the WHO, is to treat our clients holistically i.e. physically, mentally and emotionally. By this we wish to achieve client ownership to total wellness.
- Provide a professional medical service.
- Be trustworthy, credible healthcare providers.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Exercise discretion.
- Provide basic healthcare.
- Promote healthy lifestyles considering cultural diversity.
- Be a catalyst for healing, personal growth and development .
Campus Health Clinics: Services
Services for students
We offer the following services to registered students:
- general medical consultations plus the issue of basic medication
- attending to minor ailments: eg. colds, sore throats, diarrhea
- reproductive health methods (prevention) including the morning after pill
- HIV counseling and testing (VCT)
- nutritional and counseling support for HIV positive students
- treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- TB-DOTS supervision
- wound dressings and assistance with minor injuries
- health education programmes.
Services for staff
We offer the following services to staff members, by appointment:
- assistance with reproductive health methods
- blood pressure checkups
- voluntary counseling and testing for HIV.
- nutritional and counseling support for HIV positive staff
Note that registered students in the employ of CPUT doing in-service-training are considered students.