BTech: Food Technology
Course Information and Fees
This specialisation involves the development and analysis of new food products and includes application of appropriate food legislation to labels and packaging.
Students conduct research under the guidance of research professionals. The research focus areas include:
- o Maillard Reaction Products – antioxidants and flavouring food components.
- o Antioxidant phytochemicals in sorghum
- o Effect of indigenous garlic antioxidants on Fusarium spp.
• UV pasteurization as an alternative processing technology
• African seeds and cereals
• Propionibacterium spp.: Vitamin B12 and Folate synthesis; EPS as potential food hydrocolloids
For all Certificate, Diploma and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
For all Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
The fees for 2022 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.